Beer of the Week: Holy Mountain Midnight still, an Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels. 12.5% from Seattle, WA. Aged in bourbon barrels for 15 and 6 months, then blended.
Beer News: HopCat Detroit Barrel Aged Beer and Brunch Fest Feb. 12th – https://www.imabeerhound.com/index.php/michigan-restaurant-bar-events/hopcat-detroit-morning-wood-barrel-aged-beer-a-brunch-fest.html
Detroit One of America’s Best Cities for Pizza – http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2017/01/29/detroit-pizza-city/97214636/
- 12 Days until pitchers and catcher report to Lakeland
- Miguel Cabrera Considered the 2nd Best 1st basemen in the MLB – http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/01/30/miguel-cabrera-considered-the-second-best-first-baseman-in-mlb/
- VMart battled Hernia all 2016 which has now been surgically repaired – Will we see any difference in his playing now that he’s “healthy”?
- Frank Thomas says “2 cheaters” just got into the Hall of Fame – http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/frank-thomas-says-2-cheaters-were-just-elected-into-baseball-hall-of-fame-013017
- Cardinal’s are fined $2 million and lose first two draft picks of 2017 for hacking the Astros..both money and draft picks are going the Astros – http://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/1/31/14451128/st-louis-cardinals-hacking-scandal-penalty-astros-detroit-tigers-links
I75 South being shut down this weekend and will remain closed for 2 years
- Springwells to Sibley
- Main goal is to repair rouge bridge (la17rgest bridge deck in Michigan by surface area)
- expected to add an extra 30-35 miles to the trip Downriver from areas in and or north of the city
National Signing Day!
Michigan State commit Can’t LOI because he is in Jail
- Michigan has 4th best recruiting class behind Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama
- What the hell is wrong with grown adults tweeting at HS kids after they don’t choose the school they were hoping for
49er’s Hire John Lynch as GM
Super Bowl 51 Predictions!
Super Bowl 51 odds
Team Opening odds Week 1 Current odds
New England Patriots 8-1 6-1 5-4
Atlanta Falcons 40-1 80-1 13-5
Craziest Prop Bets:
- What will Luke Bryan be wearing when he starts singing the U.S. national anthem?Blue Jeans 1/2
- Any other pants or shorts 3/2
- Will “Houston, we have a problem” be said on TV during live broadcast? (Bovada)
- Yes 5/2
- No 1/4
- What color will Lady Gaga’s hair be when she comes on stage for the halftime show?
- Blonde 1/4
- Any other Color 5/2
Red Wing Talk!
- The team is in dead last
- Time to discuss selling/trade bait
- Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, and Bobby Orr agree that Gordie Howe was the greatest ever
- Charles Barkley says “the Pistons have players that think they are better than actually are” during a TV broadcast – Is he right? Was the right for even saying it in the first place?
- Defense continues to be the main issue
- Are the pistons and wings going to need an improved product to unveil in their fancy new arena?
Man Tries to Hide in Trash Can Wearing a Sponge Bob Costume – http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/232570646-story
Australian Zoo Urges People to Catch Deadly Spiders as Antidote Runs Low – http://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-spiders-idUSKBN1581DS
Florida Man With Gun in Car Hands Joint to Cops While Parked in a Handicapped Parking Spot – http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/stitches-arrested-gun-drug-charges/